Treat the whole family this festive season with this delicious Christmas Rocky Road. It’s easy to make and is perfect for snacking on while watching your favourite Christmas movie!
- 100g butter (cut into cubes)
- 250g Christmas biscuits (shortbread or
- chocolate biscuits)
- 75g shelled nuts
- 100g mixed dried fruit (such as raisins,
- cherries or glacé ginger)
- 75g Christmas sweets (candy canes, marshmallows or jelly sweets)
- 400g milk or plain chocolate, (or a mixture of both), chopped
- 140g golden syrup (weigh this straight into the pan you will use for melting)
- 2 tbsp sprinkles, or more sweets, to decorate
- Butter and line a 20cm square tin, or use a 20cm square silicone mould. Break the biscuits into pieces – they need to be no smaller than a pea, but not too chunky or your rocky road won’t hold together.
- Halve any larger nuts either by snapping them or carefully cutting with a knife, then combine them with the biscuits. Halve any large pieces of dried fruit and chop or snap sweets into smaller pieces, then add these to the bowl.
- Melt 300g of the chocolate, the butter and the golden syrup carefully in a pan set over a low heat, stirring occasionally, then pour this over the biscuit and nut mixture and mix together so the chocolate covers everything.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, then level the top – it doesn’t need to be completely smooth. Melt the remaining chocolate
- in the microwave in short blasts, or in a heatproof bowl over a small pan of simmering water, then drizzle this over the top and sprinkle with the decorations. Chill for at least 3 hrs or overnight before cutting into squares. Will keep in the fridge for three to four days.